CarePartners offers health professionals a great place to work and families a great place to find high quality health care.
We provide personal support workers, rehabilitation services and nursing care for patients in homes, schools, retirement homes, long term care facilities and workplaces. Our services are available across Ontario, in both urban and rural communities.
Position: Personal Support Worker
Region: Cambridge & Area, Kitchener-Waterloo & Area, Guelph & Wellington
Description: POSITION OVERVIEW
As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities within our Waterloo Wellington branch for NEW and EXPERIENCED Personal Support Workers (internal reference: Community Support Worker). We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to help clients in our community, with activities of daily living. This position requires someone to perform special functions under the Supervision of a RN or RPN/Supervisor.
Are you a certified Personal Support Worker? Join the CarePartners team today and make a difference in your community!
To learn more about CarePartners, go to our website: http://carepartners.ca/careers/ Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carepartnersca/
- Provides personal care to the client
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
- Provides cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the client
- Provides assistance with a variety of household tasks
- Prepares nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, and uses proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
- Promotes a safe environment for both the client and worker
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Experience working with the vulnerable population, in a community setting
- Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and alternate weekends
- Access to transportation/vehicle
- PSW certificate
Total Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive wages PLUS Ministry of Health Wage Enhancement
- Flexibility in establishing work schedule
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through LifeWorks
- Access to Perkopolis (Canadian’s Discount Program)
- Paid multi-day orientation, including in-class and in-field training
- Skills training (ongoing opportunities)
- Supportive Leadership team
- 24/7 On-Call Support
- Service Milestone Recognition Program
More specifics details on compensation and benefits to be discussed at time of interview.
Salary: To be negotiated
Terms of Employment: To Be Negotiated
Deadline for Application: Monday, May 01, 2017
How to Apply: How to Apply Please forward your resume to email@example.com with ‘PSW Kitchener’ in the subject line.
Thank you to all applicants in advance, however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
CarePartners welcomes applicants from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available throughout the hiring process upon request.
Location: Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Guelph, Wellington County
Profession Type: Personal Support Workers