Chartwell Westmount Retirement Residence
Interested in joining our team? If you are looking for employment opportunities in one of our retirement residences, long term care homes or corporate offices, we welcome you to view current open positions and discover whether Chartwell is a good fit for you.
Position: Assisted Living Manager
Region: Kitchener-Waterloo & Area
The Assisted Living Manager supports the overall operation and interdepartmental team functioning within the Assisted Living Neighborhood(s) of the residence. This role is “people intensive”, with a substantial component of the job involving resident, family member, volunteer and team member interaction in order to develop and facilitate programs that meet the needs of the residents. Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members. All duties are performed in the best interest of the residents and their families, and in accordance with Chartwell’s vision, mission and value statements.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Facilitates regular meetings with residents and family members.
- Responds to resident or family member concerns and ensures appropriate action is taken within decision-making authority and/or brings to the attention of the Health & Wellness Manager.
- Works with, monitors and supervises the members of the Assisted Living resident care team.
- Plans, organizes, implements, controls and evaluates staffing schedules for the neighborhood.
- Effectively communicates and interacts with residents, family members, visitors and volunteers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Contributes to the development and coordination of relevant marketing strategies for programs and services.
- Conducts duties in accordance with Chartwell policies and procedures, as well as, government regulations, laws and policies.
- Understands and follows all health and safety policies and procedures. Works safely to reduce the risk of injury to self, other staff members and residents. Promptly reports all actual or potentially hazardous situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information.
- Develops and facilitates programs to meet the needs of residents within the neighborhood:
- Develops and implements effective service delivery methods that capture all program elements and ensure accountability at all service levels.
- Ensures appropriate program administration, corporate alignment and legal compliance.
- Collaborates with Health and Wellness Manager to review total assessment of prospective residents to ensure their needs can be adequately met.
- Personalizes plans of care to reflect resident preferences.
- Responds to organizational changes.
- Continually assesses the role and effectiveness of programs through internal and external performance measures.
- Monitors service delivery: Identifies inefficiencies, develops process improvements and investigates and resolves problems and complaints.
- Researches/monitors current developments and trends to ensure effectiveness, consistency and compliance.
- Contributes to the development, improvement and implementation of service delivery policies, procedures and strategies.
- Organizes, facilitates and tracks in-service and continuing education programs for Assisted Living team members.
- Manages Assisted Living resident care team:
- Recruits, supervises, develops and motivates team members.
- Organizes and facilitates onboarding activities.
- Conducts regular team meetings.
- Acts as a counselor to staff in the area of human resources and reports any difficulties to the Health & Wellness Manager.
- Identifies training and development requirements/opportunities.
- Participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary team responsible for resident care and services:
- Interacts with Wellness Team to update resident assessment and service plans.
- Communicates formally and informally with other department heads as part of the management team.
- Promotes collaboration with members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure all resources are available and accessible to residents.
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy and timely completion of resident records, reports and assessments:
- Collaborates with Health & Wellness Manager to ensure resident records are maintained in compliance with legislative regulations and policies, and include all required documentation (e.g. progress notes and reports).
- Collaborates with Health & Wellness Manager to ensure monthly and bi-annual assessments are completed and to confirm that care plans are current and in compliance with Chartwell’s care model and regulatory standards.
- Liaises and provides support to Lifestyle & Program Manager:
- Collaborates and assists in the development of recreation, activities and life enriching programs that meet resident needs and interests on an individual or group participation basis.
- Assesses residents to develop life enriching programs and service plan in a timely manner.
- Liaises and consults with regulators and other industry professionals regarding the needs of residents and neighborhood activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum of three years’ related experience in an Assisted Living environment preferred;
- Two years supervisory/management experience;
- Candidate must be a Registered Practical Nurse and registered with the Ontario College of Nurses;
- First Aid and CPR certificate;
- Knowledge of seniors care, aging, dementia and diversity;
- Knowledge of healthcare and memory care services;
- Knowledge of regulations and policies related to retirement, assisted living and/or memory care programs and services.
- Knowledge of changes in mobility of seniors and mechanical lifting devices.
- Ability to supervise staff, organize and schedule work functions and motivate a team of professional employees;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships;
- Conflict resolution skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Demonstrates initiative;
- Customer service oriented;
- Good computer skills (proficient in Word and Excel);
- Ability to respond to emergency situations (as per Chartwell policies and procedures).
Candidates must be available to work days.
Salary: To be discussed
Terms of Employment: Full Time
Deadline for Application: Friday, May 05, 2017
How to Apply: Apply Online
Location: Chartwell Westmount
Profession Type: Management