Add to clipboard  |  Share  |  Email  |  Print      

Organization: - Guelph  
Phone Numbers: 519-821-8089 ext 2110
Fax: 519-821-9865
c/o Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave
Guelph, ON
N1H 0A1
Accessibility: Wheelchair Accessible    Wheelchair Accessible
Accessibility Notes: all CMHA office locations are wheelchair accessible
Hours: CMHA Waterloo Wellington Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm
Public Contacts: Jane Fawcett - CHAP Coordinator
Service Description: Respite network assisting families of children and adults with developmental disabilities and families of children with physical disabilities.

Information about respite services * registration with the CHAP Program (Community Helpers for Active Participation) to connect with independent respite workers * referrals to other respite options

Consists of agencies funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services and the Ministry of Children and Youth Services. Respite services in Guelph and Wellington County are co-hosted by Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington (CMHA WW) and Family Counselling and Support Services (FCSS). Programs involved in this collaboration are Family Support Options Service (CMHA WW) and Access Information and Referral (AIR).

Service providers include CMHA WW, Hopewell Homes, Christian Horizons, Community Living Guelph Wellington, Kids Country Club (Cambridge) and The Darling Home for Kids (Milton).

Fees: None
Application: To register with, families must apply using the online registration form. Families may also request paper copies of the registration form which can be submitted by fax or mail.

For information about Special Services at Home (SSAH) and children's respite options, call 519-824-4015 or 1-877-216-1116, or e-mail

For information about Passport Programs and adult respite options, call Developmental Services Ontario 519-821-5716 or 1-888-941-1121, or e-mail
Eligibility / Target Population: To register with the CHAP Program, families must be eligible for Special Services at Home (SSAH) - children, or Passport - adult
Languages: English
Area Served:
Guelph and Wellington County  
See Also: Respite Care for Adults
Respite Care for Children

This information was last completely updated on June 26, 2018

Suggest an Update

© 2018, The People and Information Network (PIN)

Updated June 26, 2018
Suggest an Update