Add Topic to Clipboard  | 
 Share  |   Email  |   Print
Housing Referral and Rights - Waterloo Wellington

Assistance is provided to individuals and families with low and moderate incomes to find affordable housing. Affordable housing is provided by public, non-profit, co-operative or inexpensive private housing.

The Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board (see below) regulates and provides information about landlord and tenant rights and obligations for rental properties, including rent control guidelines. Local municipalities set property standards by-laws which outline minimum requirements for building maintenance and occupancy.

See also Waterloo Wellington CCAC for information on Retirement Homes and Long-term Care Home and Residential Care Advocacy and Care Standards.

These services serve all or part of Waterloo Wellington
Community Resource Centre of North and Centre Wellington - Fergus  
PO Box 442, Fergus, ON  N1M 3E2
519-843-7000 Add to Clipboard
Landlord and Tenant Board  
ServiceOntario, 30 Duke St W, 2nd Flr, Kitchener, ON  N6A 5N6
1-888-332-3234 Add to Clipboard
Lutherwood - Lutherwood Housing Services (Cambridge - Dickson St)  
35 Dickson St, Cambridge, ON  N1R 7A6
519-623-9380 Add to Clipboard
Lutherwood - Lutherwood Housing Services (Kitchener - Weber St)  
41 Weber St W, Kitchener, ON  N2H 3Z1
519-749-2450 Add to Clipboard
Waterloo Region Community Legal Services, 450 Frederick St, Unit 101, Kitchener, ON  N2H 2P5
519-743-0254 Add to Clipboard
University of Guelph - Off-Campus Living  
University Centre - Main Level, 50 Stone Rd E, Guelph, ON  N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 ext 53357 Add to Clipboard
University of Waterloo - Housing Administration  
Student Life Centre, 200 University Ave W, Waterloo, ON  N2L 3G1
519-888-4567 ext 35725 (off-campus housing) ; 519-888-4567 ext 32679 (housing admin) Add to Clipboard
Waterloo Region. Community Services Department - Waterloo Region Housing - Community Housing Access Centre  
235 King St E, 6th Flr, Kitchener, ON  N2G 4N5
519-575-4400 Add to Clipboard
Wellington (County of). Social Services - Guelph - 129 Wyndham St N - Housing Help Centre  
129 Wyndham St N, Guelph, ON  N1H 4E9
Housing Help Centre 519-837-5492 ext 4130 * Rent Bank direct 519-837-5492 ext 3710 * Housing Allowance direct 519-837-5492 ext 4130 or ext 4710 Add to Clipboard
Working Centre (The) - Housing Supports  
58 Queen St S, Kitchener, ON  N2G 1V6
519-743-1151 ext 117 Add to Clipboard

These services are located outside of Waterloo Wellington, but provide service to Waterloo Wellington.
AWIC Community and Social Services  
2900 Warden Ave, Units 340, 331, Toronto, ON  M1W 2S8
416-499-4144 Add to Clipboard
Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation  
215 Spadina Ave, Suite 164, Toronto, ON  M5T 2C7
416-944-0087 ext 1 Add to Clipboard
Chinese Association of Mississauga  
Golden Square Centre, 1177 Central Pkwy W, Unit 16, Mississauga, ON  L5C 4P3
905-275-8558 Add to Clipboard
Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada (The) - Ontario Region  
720 Spadina Ave, Suite 313, Toronto, ON  M5S 2T9
416-366-1711 Add to Clipboard
Grey (County of) - Grey County Housing  
County Administration Building, 595 9th Ave E, Owen Sound, ON  N4K 3E3
519-376-5744 Add to Clipboard
Habitat for Humanity Grey Bruce  
223017 Grey Rd 17, Georgian Bluffs, ON  N4K 5N7
519-371-6776 Add to Clipboard
Halton. Social and Community Services - Oakville - Dorval Dr - Housing Services - Halton Access to Community Housing  
Oakville Corporate Centre, 690 Dorval Dr, 7th Fl, Oakville, ON  L6K 3X9
Mon-Sun 24 hours 905-825-6000 or call 3-1-1 Add to Clipboard
Landlord and Tenant Board  
416-645-8080 Add to Clipboard
Landlord and Tenant Board - Southwestern Regional Office  
150 Dufferin Ave, Suite 400, London, ON  N6A 5N6
1-888-332-3234 Add to Clipboard
Native Women's Resource Centre of Toronto  
191 Gerrard St E, Toronto, ON  M5A 2E5
416-963-9963 Add to Clipboard
Oasis Centre des femmes  
Wood St, 465 Yonge St, Box 73022, Toronto, ON  M4Y 2W5
Toronto 416-591-6565 ; Brampton 905-454-3332 Add to Clipboard
Ontario Tenants Rights  
Add to Clipboard
Ontario. Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing - Rental Housing Enforcement Unit  
777 Bay St, 17th Fl, Toronto, ON  M5G 2E5
416-585-7214 Add to Clipboard
Toronto. Shelter, Support and Housing Administration. Homelessness Initiatives and Prevention Services - Birkdale Residence  
Toronto, ON  M5V 3C6
416-392-5650 ; Central Intake Line 416-338-4766 Add to Clipboard
YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce - YMCA Community and Employment Services - Hanover  
The Morrow Centre, 425 10th St, Unit 7, Hanover, ON  N4N 1P8
519-364-3163 Add to Clipboard